THE DAY OF YOUR PROCEDURE
Gently wipe the tattoo area with sterile gauze dampened with either; distilled water or cooled boiled water for as long as your brows continue to release lymph fluids. Typically every 15 mins for the next 2 hours. It’s important to do this so that the lymph fluids don’t build up and harden on your skin.
3-4 hours after procedure: wash your hands then GENTLY wash the tattooed area with lukewarm water and DAB dry with dry sterile gauze.
Apply a very thin film of unscented Lubriderm or Aquaphor. You can also use either grape seed oil or hustle butter after day 4. Only a THIN layer should be applied so that skin can breathe.
It’s important to GENTLY wash your tattoo area in the morning and GENTLY PAT DRY with disposable paper towel, gauze or cotton round. Apply very THIN LAYER (rice size) of recommended aftercare cream. Do this 3 times a day for the next two weeks.
DO NOT APPLY ANY COSMETICS on tattooed area and avoid sweating for the first two weeks.
WHAT TO AVOID
- No exercising and/or sweating for a few days prior to getting tattooed and for one week after.
- No swimming pools, jacuzzi or other bodies of water for two weeks.
- Do not soak your face underwater in a bath.
- AVOID THE SUN, SAUNAS, SWEATING, SCRATCHING, PICKING, NO COSMETICS ON AREA 14 DAYS (may interfere with both healing and color)
- DO NOT USE VASELINE, POLYSPOREN OR ANY PETROLIUM BASED PRODUCTS while healing.
- No anti-aging products or facial product containing Alpha Hydroxyls , AHA, Retin-A, Lactic or Glycolic Acids.
- DO NOT apply any anti-acne products (Proactive, Salicylic Acid, Benzoyl Peroxide, etc.) or bleaching creams such as hydroquinone to the treated area while healing.
- DO NOT tint, bleach, dye area for 30 days.
- DO NOT thread, wax, or use hair removal products on the treated area while healing.
- AVOID DIRECT WATER PRESSURE FROM SHOWER (don’t face the water and wear aftercare on tattooed area) It’s important to NOT get shampoo, or cleansers on the treated area for the first week. Doing so may be detrimental to the bonding process that must happen so that the pigment to stabilize in the dermis.
- AVOID SLEEPING ON YOUR FACE, DO NOT PICK, DO NOT SCRATCH!
- Keep area clean, thin film of aftercare and let it breathe
***Pigment retention varies depending on skin type, age, aftercare, immune system, medications, certain chemicals, hormones***